Thursday, May 28, 2009

Out with May Showers, in with June blooms!

As June approaches, this means 5th grade graduation, and a birthday party for Morgan as well as a Dance Recital that this year will consume 2 days of dancing and the big event will come in June with Brinlee's arrival, although this week we have our doubts that she'll wait until June. Tuesday night after Morgan's graduation, Jessica was feeling a lot of pressure and just didn't feel good at all. About 10:00pm they called me and were headed to the ER because she was hurting so bad and she had not felt the baby move in a couple hours, which had her (us) a little alarmed too. To sum it up, they kept them until about 1:30am and she is dilated to 2 cm and 70% effaced so that is a good start. As this week has progressed, she's become more and more miserable so we are thinking it could happen at any time, or might not happen for 3-4 more weeks. Personally I am hoping we can at least get through this weekend's dance recital and maybe even through Morgan's June 6th birthday party.
Here is Morgan getting her diploma, she also received a Presidential Gold Award for Outstanding Academic Excellence. We're so proud of her and can hardly believe next year she'll be a 6th grader!
Morgan and Mrs. Vaughan, her 5th grade teacher, it's been a great year!!
Today Jessica and I finished up the t-shirts that everyone is going to wear at the hospital. Mine says "Brinlee's Nonni" Mike's says "Brinlee's Papa" We made one for Derek that of course says "Brinlee's Daddy" Morgan got one too and has decided she'll be called "Aunt Sissi". Us girls are wearing pink tshirts, the guys have gray, and all the letters are pink. I'm also trying to finish up her baby booties, I started them about 3-4 weeks ago, and sort of forgot about them, so I'm eager to get those finished! I have made these same booties for friends and for myself when Morgan was on her way. They're so sweet and really special, I still have Morgan's and I hope that Brinlee's will be a keepsake she'll always have. I can't wait to see her wear them home from the hospital! I'll take some pictures when they're all done.

0 comments: