Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy New Year

So, for the new year, I decide to create a blog for ME, I have one for my business, but this is for ME, I wanna talk about Me, Me, Me... you get the drift. Well, I'm exactly 13 days overdue in getting this started, but nonetheless it's here. I already spend too much time on the computer between work and ahem, boredom so it's not like I needed yet ANOTHER "duty" online but as much as I love reading and following the many blogs I have in my little safe of treasures, I figure I should join them! What prompted today to be the day? I'm sitting here, minding my own business, enjoying my second cup of coffee and I get an email from my husband's Iphone. Let me back up, this morning Morgan didn't want to eat breakfast, I asked why not? She shyly said, while getting dressed, "because Daddy said he's taking me for donuts...." "REALLY" I said. So, off I go to talk to "Daddy" there's some history here as you might expect, much discussion has been made about not feeding her donuts in the past. Specific instructions have been given numerous times, easy stuff to understand mind you, like "Don't take Morgan to get donuts for breakfast!" IS there anything unclear about that?? Okay, so I say, "she says you told her you were taking her to get donuts for breakfast, is that true?" he says "well yeah" then proceeds to tell me that he thought I meant "not to take her to get donuts after she had already eaten breakfast here" (do you see where this is going?) then he goes on to tell me that there's a new donut shop up near her school and they have the best and hugest apple fritters! AUGH, I pull out some hair and go off to help her get her backpack together.... So they leave, unfed, no wait, he ate cereal, she is unfed. So then I get this photo and all it says is... "I told you they had the biggest Apple Fritters around" Grrrr..... my reply? "You did not just feed that to our child for breakfast? I'm tellin!!" his reply just now? "Yeah baby! Breakfast of champions. She could only eat half. She took the rest for lunch. You can't find another $1.25 doughnut on the planet as big as that one. It's as big as your face."

So, here I am tellin! Not only did she get a belly full of this sugar, grease laden delicacy for breakfast, she'l get another "hit" of it at lunch too! I feel a note from the teacher coming on. If she calls me after while and say's she sick, he's going to go get her! BWAH HA HA HA!

Now I want a danged Apple Fritter, but I am not getting out of my pajamas in search of the new donut shop, no not me!

0 comments: