Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ice! Super Bowl and a Baby bump!

It's been a while since I've posted so there is much to catch up to! First, we are in the midst of an ice storm here in Central Arkansas, Hubby just left for work and had to chip off about 1/2 inch of ice from his windshield, it looks like the roads are okay right now but they are saying that later on today, a big band of ice will come over us and drop anywhere from 1/2 to an inch on us, and to the north of, up to 3 inches! I am praying this is not a repeat of the Ice Storm of 2000. We had a fireplace where we were living back then and it kept us from freezing when we lost power for 3 days. Our current house has no fireplace and no gas stoves! Not sure what we'll do if the power goes off again... At 6am this morning, the phone rang and it was the School District letting us know that school is cancelled, Morgan is pretty happy about that!
If you read my last post you know that along with thousands of others, I've been praying for 2 little babies, Harper and Brayden, that were recently born with some problems that are giving them a slow start. I'm so thrilled to say they are both doing better, so please check their sites to see how they are doing! Speaking of babies, did you see the news this morning about the lady in California who gave birth to Octuplets? WOW, they range from 1# 4oz to up over 3#. I wonder if they'll have a blog? :) We all should definitely keep that family in our prayers, as well as all the little babies in the NICU's.
Let's see what else is going on at the homefront... Jessica and I (& the whole family)are still counting down the days until we find out if baby Toland will be a boy or a girl, just one more week and then let the shopping & crafting begin! I am gonna share a picture from this week, Jessica wanted a few snaps of her at her current size, so here she is at 18 weeks 5 days. That baby bump is growing into a baby mountain! Be sure to check for my post next Tuesday that will announce if it's a boy or a girl!
Super Bowl is this weekend, who are you rooting for? The Steelers or the Cardinals?? We always have a Super Bowl Feed as Mike calls it, so we need to get our SB menu planned right away, he did tell me last just as I was going to sleep, "I want a lot of finger foods for Sunday, and I want it all to be fried" Great, I hate frying stuff, but I love eating cheese sticks hehe. What is on your menu for Super Bowl Sunday?


0 comments: