Sunday, February 15, 2009

Tales of a bed and Valentines Day

Okay, so I promised the story about one very special bed. Here goes, back in 1986 when I was pregnant with Derek, my sweet little grandmother came across this miniature baby bed at a garage sale. It was brown and just needed a little TLC, I think she paid all of $10 for it. She brought it to me and I was immediately in love with it! It would be perfect! It was on rollers, and narrow enough to go through doorways so it could easily be moved from room to room. I set to working on it, and painting it white and later found out it was actually called a "Eurocrib", whatever it is called, we loved it! I used it for Derek for several months and over the years have loaned it out to close friends only after promising in blood they would not let anything happen to it and it would safely be returned to me, and it always was! When I became pregnant with Morgan, I once again got it out and started working on it, at some point over the years, it had been stored somewhere that had allowed it to get wet and the inside peices of the head and footboard were warped. This however didn't stop me, I peeled off the yucky part and just covered it in some pretty baby fabric and with a fresh coat of paint, it was ready to use again! I also used it a couple years ago for a few months here at my house when Braylin was a little baby, then it went back into storage. But now, it is going to make a full circle! The one who it was originally intended for, is now going to become a Daddy and his little baby girl will be sleeping snugly in her Daddy's baby bed! Jessica chose to paint it brown and we've put it together and it has the crib skirt on it here in these pics, it is not by any means finished but I will share it at this stage anyway. We are going to tie the big pink bows on the corners, and it will have the polka dot fabric inset on the head and footboards to cover up the not so nice wood there. I love so much that Jessica was excited about this little bed, it means so much to me and if my grandmother were alive today, she would be thrilled to know that Derek's baby would be sleeping in this little $10 bed that I wouldn't take any amount of money for!

Here's a couple of shots of Morgan with her Valentines Day Loot!



0 comments: