Monday, February 23, 2009

Prima Ballerina

Morgan has been taking Dance since she was 2 years old, she's taken tap and ballet as a little dancer and then when she got about 7-8 she started taking Lyrical, Musical Theatre, Hip Hop, Jazz, and Clog and sort of got away from the typical Tap and Ballet. This year, I was happy to get her back into Ballet, even as a little bitty girl, her teachers always said she was a natural, she had the poise, the grace and had beautiful arms and hands and I of course always agreed. Watching her amongst others, made me see what they were talking about, it seemed like her hands and arms always had that beautiful grace that seem to come natural. When she started this year she was determined to get her technique back and work her way into Pointe shoes. Well, a few weeks ago, her teacher said that she and 3-4 others in her class were ready to move into Pointe and she had them stay after class every week for an extra 30 mins to work with them. 2 weeks ago we made the trip to Little Rock and got her fitted for pointe shoes. $108 later she had her wish! Her friend Anna Claire came over Sunday afternoon and we took pictures of them in their pointe shoes before they had a chance to get them all dirty and worn! Here are a few from that session. Let me say that when I opened these images up and started working on them, it nearly brought me to tears, where did my little girl go? I am used to seeing her dolled up in make up and fancy dresses, after all we've had years of dance recitals, but these images show me how she truly is turning into a young woman and I find it bittersweet. She's only 10 1/2 but she sure looks a lot older to me in these pictures.

This is Morgan and Anna Claire

0 comments: